Slovenia Travel Itinerary
Traditional Regions of Slovenia
Slovenia has various ways to divide itself by regions which might cause some confusion when planning your travels. For consistency I will be referring to the traditional regions. This is how they are locally and culturally defined in Slovenia.
Know which regions will be included on your Slovenia itinerary? Browse content by region:
- Prekmurje (coming soon)
Facts About Slovenia
- Slovenian (or Slovene) is the official language of Slovenia.
- Slovenia gained its independence in 1991.
- Slovenia is in the European Union (since 2004).
- The local currency is the Euro.
- Slovenia is ranked as one of the safest countries in the world.
- Triglav (2864m) is the highest peak of the Julian Alps.
- There are over 90,000 beekeepers in Slovenia.
Food in Slovenia
- Kranjska klobasa
- ajdovi žganci
- Premurska gibanica